Whole Body Cryotherapy
Whole Body Cryotherapy at Spring Chiropractic
By including the right treatment techniques and procedures, these patients can recover their strength, range of motion, and active movements while reducing pain and inflammation processes in the affected parts of their body. With this in mind, whole body cryotherapy (WBC) has been included in numerous therapy plans for its wide range of benefits.
Cryotherapy, also known as cold therapy, is the application of cold for the treatment of acute and chronic injury or disease, using the anti-inflammatory and analgesic properties of low temperatures to facilitate healing.
Some of the physiological effects used by cryotherapy to help promote the healing process include:
- Production of both superficial and deep temperature changes.
- Reduction of blood flow to the site of injury.
- Down-regulation of the production of inflammatory and pain-inducing prostaglandins.
- Decrease of the conductive ability of nerve endings.
- Relaxation of muscle fibers.
As mentioned above, the rehabilitation process of an injured individual needs to be evaluated constantly in order to achieve a positive outcome. To do so, professionals need to follow specific instructions in every phase of the healing process to reduce pro-inflammatory factors and increase the regenerative ones.
By trying WBC with a special cryochamber at -166 to -220 F°, patients and medical professionals have used low temperatures to repair the micro-tears in the muscle that appear after an injury or exhaustive training session and speed up recovery, avoiding soreness, inflammation, pain, and discomfort.
WBC is also commonly used postoperatively in orthopedics to decrease analgesic requirements, pain, swelling, bruising, and blood loss, as well as to increase range of motion and accelerate the body’s natural healing process.
In addition, recent studies have demonstrated that cryotherapy decreases inflammation thanks to its capacity of increasing the liberation of the crucial hormone and neurotransmitter norepinephrine (NE), which has an important role in the body’s sympathetic nervous system.
Considering the above, whole body cryotherapy benefits post-surgery recovery by:
- Reducing the use of narcotics in pain management.
- Providing fewer risks and higher comfort levels.
- Bringing a wider range of movement to the affected portion of the body.
- Promoting a quicker return to normal activities.
- Providing no adverse side effects.
- Strengthening the immune system.
- Promoting a faster reduction of swelling.
- Dramatically shortening recovery times.
- Decreasing the chance of complications.
By scheduling an appointment with us over at Spring Chiropractic, we can make you return to your daily activities in the shortest possible time through the application of whole body cryotherapy, without producing any negative consequences, unlike many of the present medical alternatives indicated for the treatment of similar conditions.
So, schedule your appointment with us and you will receive the proper attention your case requires.
For more information about whole body cryotherapy and so much more, contact us at 281-651-7111. Our team of experts based in the beautiful town of Spring, TX, will be available during working hours to answer all your inquiries and support you in your path to wellness.